Tuesday 18 September 2007

Maker’s Diary: Rehearsal process and plans

We are going to have (as usual) a fairly limited amount of time to get this performance off the ground, so I have been considering the best ways to fully maximise our time and resources. We will effectively have 3 weeks to get things done, so I have broken that down into weekly objectives:

Week One- purely devising. Our objective is to generate ideas for more games/structures and to generate material for the speeches.

Week Two- Continued devising and tape work. We will rehearse and record all of the tape texts and develop performance persona.

Week Three-Fixing/Rehearsing. We will fix all of the structural elements of the performance and rehearse those scenarios.

Tomorrow I am going to plan some launching exercises for devising and prepare a more detailed schedule of work. This time I want to share my research objectives fully with the performers- I am hoping that this will keep things moving in the right direction and focused more tightly on the task at hand. This is my last chance to create the opportunity to gain insights into ‘participative’ performance from inception to reception.

No comments: