Friday 2 February 2007

Reflective Practitioner: Notes on Run

I was really pleased with the way in which the performer’s handled the new role of the audience. The games seemed to give the performers a confidence in interacting with the audience that they did not have the first time round. Our mock audience responded with energy and enthusiasm to the games. The performer’s just need to remember to keep bringing it back to ‘Her’; they need to focus on using the games as a device to help the audience to make her present in the space though the games themselves.

We decided after the dress run this evening that we would like to give the winners of some of the games little prizes but that those prizes should be pieces of ‘Her’…so letters…diary entries and even some tapes of phones messages ect. So I now need to get on and make those before tomorrow.

Nikki needs to get a handle on her lines, as does Debbie (at points). I think that it is stamina and concentration issue rather than not knowing the lines. All the performers need to think about their stamina and try to maintain the energy and focus throughout the entire performance…it tend to lul and lag at points.

I am nervous and really excited about tomorrow and I can’t wait to see how the audience respond to the new format….eeeekkk! I will not be back until really late tomorrow so I may not get a chance to post an entry but if I do find a cyber cafĂ© I will have a go before we leave. There is so much at stake tomorrow and I have some really good and close friends attending….arrrgghh…so scary and exciting all rolled into one…don’t think I will sleep well tonight!

No comments: