Wednesday 20 June 2007

Makers Diary: Free Falling

Funeral for someone, for ‘Her’ but she is neither dead or alive, we have to make her present through our play.
Party-cake, hats, balloons, booze, wazoos?
Performers as hosts, as facilitators of play?
Inscribing each other, the audience and host, all inscribe the space.
Confession
Simon says- She says
I have never-she has never
Pass the parcel- pass her parcel- objects and prompts, little notes to create stories and anecdotes
Not texts but speeches; like at a social event or perhaps just choices, make them responsible for the scenes.
Ask the audience to dress up to come dressed for a party, for a night out-like a reception.

Okay I am now seriously tired but will pick this up again in the morning when I have had some sleep. I have a meeting with Synne tomorrow in the SCR and I am looking forward to hearing her thoughts, although I am not sure that she enjoyed it or even liked it at all to be honest but that is fine…I value her feedback.

No comments: