Monday 26 March 2007

Makers Diary: Hero Liz...

Ok I was miffed before but now I am even more annoyed because I just typed loads of stuff and it got lost when I tried to bloody post it..AHHHH
Ok I guess I will have to type it all again.

I got an e-mail yesterday telling me that the uni would only be able to offer me performance space during the summer...this would have meant that there would be no staff or students around, making it hard to get performers let alone an audience...not at all happy with this situation I sent an irate e-mail to Liz and Olu telling them my concerns.
Well today i get an e-mail offering me some new and more suitable dates. This was all down to Liz...who obviously waved her hefty magic wand and made it all ok for me..thanks Liz..eternally grateful.


The dates and space are provisional and I have been asked not to go ahead and advertise for performers until I have had confirmation that there will be staff available to cover duty manager and techie, as the usual staff are not ava. I will also have to pay for it I think.

I have been asked to get in touch directly with David Buss to discuss my requirements and what facilities are available at the venue for me that weekend. I think I will get on to that later and pen an e-mail detailing my needs. I will start to put together all of my casting call stuff so that it is all ready to go as soon as I get the nod from Sharon or David.

I have been offered the Performance Gym on the 9th & 10th June...I will have to remember to ask David for details of the space, as I have not used it before.

I am very impressed with Liz, as I was told there was nothing available and she has managed to get them to free up the schedule...yeah...right more work to be getting on with now.

No comments: