Sunday 4 March 2007

Makers Diary: Questions

I was thinking that 3 questions is perhaps too much...maybe the females should have a question each and the male work as a toll rather than for generating the situations. He almost becomes like a prop for the audience to use in order to tell their stories with the women. This will mean creating two scenes rather than 3.
Before we put the scenes together for the second time..maybe we could find a way of the audience choosing a small section that we have pre-pared to juxtapose with the material that they have created.


We would create and rehearse several options for them to choose from...I think the way that it is chosen should be a game or task....needs to be rule or task driven like the rest of the material.
Carlos used a similar technique to put together QX-Evolution...he used a dice to select from a series of pre-prepared options incl the lighting and everything.


I was thinking that maybe the audience could do something performative to choose...like play a game of musical chairs...each of them is given a number before they start...the winners number will be the section that we perform. (so obviously the pre-prepared sections will be assigned numbers that match the audience) We wont have 15 pieces pre-pared that would be a lot of work in the time frame that we have...maybe we could have 3/4 options and then the number is given out to more than one audience member...this way each piece has better odds but it is till random....I think that this will be exciting.

I am going to write some texts that could serve as starting points for devising the pre-prepared element of the performance. I am feeling really excited now but the frustration of having to rely on others to be able to move forward is tough...I know other people have their lives, jobs etc but it is so difficult in the making process at this stage at how much is reliant upon others to get things moving. This is something that has always been difficult for me...I expect others to have the same level of enthusiasm and commitment to the project as me and that is not always the case...and this is inevitable...it is something I have to work hard at....being patient with others...after all it is my project, my passion not theirs...I completely understand but still I find it hard. I am just itching to get my hands on performers and start to make the work.

No comments: