Tuesday 20 March 2007

Makers Diary: Woman Text

This is the second text that I have written...I intend to write and prepare 4 or 5 texts for the audience to choose from.

Oh I also discovered yesterday that an old friend from uni is in a progressive electronica pop band...so I was going to ask her if I could perhaps use some of their music for the musical chairs...I will of course sort out all of the copyright/performance rights and ethical aspects of doing this. http://www.myspace.com/randomwomanmusic

Woman 1: Standing there before him, eyes wide, so vulnerable and broken.
Tears making their blue grey mascara trickle across her high flushed cheeks; gracing the edge of her lips and then absorbing into her collar.
Her, she, gasping, rasping in a whisper she extends her hand towards him and pleads.

Man: "Don't go" she begged as I threw my eyes to the floor avoiding her watery gaze. I couldn't answer, couldn't look at her, she; the swelling dark welt spreading around her left eye.

Woman 2: Don't go
Look at me
(She extends her hand to touch his but can't reach.)
Please.

Woman 1: Her hand still extended, she stood rooted to the floor, shaking, her body shuddering, frail and needing; racked with silent weeping. Her eyes boring into the top of his head, willing him to her.

Man: I couldn't move, keeping my eyes on my shifting naked, bloody feet. Shards of green glass and thin maroon liquid adorning the floor in a crystal carpet of rubble. But still I can't face her, she, that malignant swelling flesh around her wide, wet eye.

Woman 1: she stepped forward, only a little, tentative, rocking into movement. The crystal green glass sheen crunching under her weight, pressing into her soles releasing scarlet bubbles onto her milky skin. She touched his hand, a brush with her fingers but she didn't take hold.

Man: I drew away, her cold delicate long fingers churning my stomach.
I swung my body clumsily to the side, retching, heaving and I vomited. Once, twice; my puke spreading out amongst the glass blood and shallow maroon lake.

Woman 2: Please baby, I…

Woman 1: She dropped to her knees and waited, wretched, lost and broken, yowling her pain to the vaulted ceiling; her floral print dress stretched tight across her bump, her unborn flesh. She laid her hands flat, palms to the floor as she wept.

Man: I wiped my mouth on my sleeve, took a shallow breath, bile burning in my nostrils. I stood upright and put my back to her, she, my lover, mother to be and that, that black puffy wet eye. I began to make for the door, slowly, lumbering, so heavy and sore.

Woman 1: As he moved to the door, she leapt up, lunged at his back, holding him to her, to her body, to her bump.

Man: I was stuck

Woman 1: she held him to her, clinging, her limbs wrapped about his sore, bleeding body, her head resting, no nestling in his damp sweaty hair.

Woman 2: Don't go! don't leave me.
Oh god, don't leave us.

Woman 1: She flailed and clung as he wrenched at her limbs.
She flailed and clung, her, she, his lover, mother to be.
Her, she, his lover, mother to be.

No comments: