Thursday 15 March 2007

Reflective Practitioner Diary: deeper frustrations

The new problems that have arisen with trying to get a space, not only affects my work creatively but throws up some issue academically as well:
I have been accepted and committed to giving a presentation in June at Royal Holloway on PaR and documentation.....if I can't get my project off the ground ASAP then I am in danger of not being able to write that conf paper.
I am really annoyed with this situation, as it should never have come to this. If I had not had the problems with my team last year this would have been sorted? I first raised the need to get this into motion back in Sept and then again more persistently in October but because of the problems with basically having had no supervision for the first year of my study I am now stuck in this situation.

All of this bureaucracy is getting in the way of my research activity! the university is supposed to support and assist me in my research not hinder me. other PhD students have a lot more contact with their teams and have had a great deal more support from their faculties. I feel alienated from the faculty and do not feel that I am a part of it at all.

My experience at the moment is one of frustration and anger; I am working really hard to keep things moving in the right direction but with each baby step forward I feel like I take two backwards! I don’t think my needs are excessive or unreasonable. I just need a performance space for two nights, it should not be difficult for a performance faculty to afford this to one of their full time bursary PhD students.

I know that I am ranting but it is really starting to get me down and affecting how I feel about the project.

No comments: