Friday 4 May 2007

creator- more thoughts and a disappointment

this is deeply frustrating...i just typed out a whole large entry and then when I clicked post it got lost...as if I am not peeved enough today already!
Got an e-mail from THE MAN...he is not interested in taking part in the show...which is fine and is his choice but now I am back to having no male interest. His reason is that he is not happy to strip down to his shreddies so does not want to be considered for casting. this makes me sad for him and sad for me too. If he wants to go forward with a career in performance he will have to think about how he is going to overcome his insecurities...a performer needs to be comfortable with their body and it is their tool, their instrument...having issues about your body as a performer will be extremely limiting within a professional context...anyhoo its his decision...I just have to live with it. So I am back to having no man.
I am going to have to have a think about what i am going to do if I can't get any male performers...I will need to re-think the show and the texts in the event of this and it is looking more and more likely as the days pass. I feel like time is slipping by me and I need to grab and hold and get it to stop...just until i can get some performers...worrying now.
Made props today..although the rain did cause problems....more rummaging through the garage and I found my stash of shiny red shoes in various sizes....my costume designer Lorraine (my mum) has also collected a few more pairs from charity shops too....quite a collection...but I can't find my red ballet shoes..so I will have to keep looking for them.

No comments: