Sunday 13 May 2007

Creators diary- Tunes

Got some tunes from Joe H today and they are pretty awesome...if I could figure it out, I would upload them onto here so that you can have a listen....I went through them and then sent him some feedback..here it is...might give you some idea of what the sounds are like..
I have had a good few listens to the tracks and here are my thoughts:

Disturbed-
I think that this track would really work to underpin the texts (the first two are attached, just so that you can get a feel for what its all about and the mood that I am creating). I think that it would work to set up the right atmosphere and would sound good on a loop. Would it be at all possible to add in some sounds of glass shattering and crunching underfoot? Also perhaps the sound of a man heavy breathing and struggling?

Musical Chairs 1-
I really like this track, would it be possible to add in a voice? Just perhaps some mumered sentances or a particular line that is incorporated? I don't know something like 'What are you doing' or 'She let him find her'

Musical Chairs 2-
This is my favourite of the three. Would it be possible to add in some kinds of female sexual sounds? Could it be a little more dirty and industrial at all?

Musical Chairs 3-
I think that this would could be a bit longer and a little more heavy on the beats and bass.

I was thinking, would it be possible tot combine the three into one long track, so that there are no breaks...it would just give me more flexibility with the game of musical chairs, so that there are no stops or pauses unless I have stopped the track?

Peacock Princess-
I really like this track and it could be the one which the audience comes in to as it sets up the right mood from the off. I was thinking that it might be good to perhaps have some kind of ethereal female whispering underlying the track..not so that you can make out what they are saying. Also would it possible to add in the occasional gasp, scream in an echoing sort of way?

You have really captured the mood that I was going for with all of the tracks.

For the undressing section of the piece..which sets up the rest of the tone and feel of the work could be something that begins ambient but builds into something more industrial, heavy, buzzing, dark and disturbing with a definitive ending. Needs to last approx 10 to 15 minutes but we will work to the track that you make.

I spoke with Rommel toady (a fellow PhD research student) he said to e-mail him all of the details and he will see if he is ava for the dates and if he is, he might actually do the show...yeah...not gonna get my hopes too high thou

No comments: