Thursday 31 May 2007

Makers Diary: Red Vogue


Sharon e-mailed me today and suggested that I need to get four ushers, so I posted an advert on the portal; I also text all of the performers to ask if they can ask about their friends too. Sharon is going to apply for a temporary performance license, so that we can charge on the door. I think I will charge £3 for normal admittance and £2 for students. I will also have a special guest list to give to the duty manager of people who do not have to pay to come in; such as supervisors.

I had an e-mail from Kerry at Camden asking for copy and publicity, I will have to put something together for her. I need to try and get some of our postcards to her as well really.

Lorraine had the dress fittings today-some alterations are needed but they are only minor. The dresses look fantastic and both girls are really happy with their dresses. I am definitely going to need to get them some specific bra’s though to go with the dresses. I can’t expect them to get them as they will be taking their clothes off and this makes their underwear part of their costumes and it needs to be right. Nikki’s needs to be one that Rich can take off easily and will not have to fumble around with. I will have to go on a mission to soton central I think.

I am a little concerned about the opening section, as I am not convinced that the girls are going to be able to move that easily in the dresses. It is a factor that I asked them to consider but they seem to think that it will be fine. If they feel that they can work in the costumes then I have to take them at their word.

Richie tried on the size 14 dress that I had left over from The Woman Who Swallowed the Moon, but it was far too small. Lorraine and I have been and bought a suitable pattern and some fabric; she will knock him up a dress over the next couple of days.

We are not having any more rehearsals now until Sunday because Richie is away seeing his kiddies-half term. We are going to have to start looking at the participation section in our next rehearsal. I will prepare some audience responses for the Sunday session, so that they have some material to work with. I have already prepared their toolkit and will be running through it on Sunday with them. I don’t want to give them a written copy because I want them to feel free and not to become reliant on a piece of paper. We will just have to keep going with it until it sinks in and they feel confident with the structures that they will have to respond to the audience.

No comments: