Thursday 10 May 2007

Creators Diary- Getting performers

I went to one of Olu's lectures this avo and I managed to get 3 names of girls that might be interested. I am disappointed that so few students were interested...and again no lads...this is really starting to concern me...it is now less than a month before we have to perform in front of a live audience and I have nothing to show them or for them to participate in! To make things even worse, it is the busiest time of the year for the students, so they are not even going to be able to commit much time...I am really concerned that it will now be rushed and that we will not have the time to go through the development processes that I think we need to in order to produce an interesting and challenging piece of theatre. I feel rather annoyed that the university have put me in this position.
If I do not get a guy by tomorrow i will have to think about re-working the show to be performed by 3 women...here are some initial thoughts on that possibility...
Will need another dress...not much time to do that!
I could put her in a massive strap on and still call her him...so that she is just a representation of a man...this would be interesting as it questions notions of identity and gender representation...a really huge red one...hmmm
Another thing that I have been thinking about, is how to get around the problem of not being able to draw on the floor...
Could use projector and lap tops, so that the audience can use work pad or paint to respond...have a lap top on each side of the perf area...although I have lots of reservations about this idea...need to fit all the responses on one page..if we use paint people might draw too big and lave no room...also it might...no will create ques and people all bunched around one area...might break the perf mood...I need to think about it some more..
Could get them to write on themselves rather than the floor...or I could lay some alternate flooring...not sure the budget will stretch to that though.....
I will send Lorraine an e-mail about the possibility of needing another dress...not so much a possibility but almost inevitability...

No comments: