Tuesday 15 May 2007

Makers Diary- the audition

Ok have been thinking about the audition...actors and non-actors......girl, girl, girl or girl, girl, boy......

Here is a sort of check list for what I am looking for and the rough plan of what I intend to do at the auditions to judge if the performers fit that criteria:

It is really all about the three things that I have identified to date B.I.E (Brave, Imaginative and Engaging)

-Performers with a knowledge of or background in devised theatre and non-literary contemporary theatre practice; (even if this is just as an undergrad-that should be sufficient).

-Performers with additional performance skills such as dance, mime, physical theatre and circus skills.

-Commitment-to the project, to the work.

The Audition Plan (2hr session)

Physical Warm Up- stretches & instruction game
Vocal Warm Up- diaphragmic breathing exercises
Devising Warm Up- follow the leader, machine, trust & intro’s
Audition Tasks- Confessions, improve situations & read through
Relaxation- black liquid
Discussion & Info- all about the project
BREAK
Decisions & House Keeping- taking performers details and ava

I hope that these few simple things will enable me to get a really good look at the performers and afford me the opportunities to asses how they fit my criteria. I am so excited now and can’t wait to get into the rehearsal room and get to work! I really, really hope everyone comes to the audition. Oooh, I have butterflies and everything…I am not going to be able to catch a wink now.

No comments: