Tuesday 8 May 2007

Creator- Various bits and bobs


It has been a busy one so far and is not looking to get any less busy either...
Kirsty sent me the final draft of the postcard design and OH YEAH! it rocks hard and is exactly what i hoped it would be...wicked...
I put out an e-mail to tell everyone about Camden and made the necessary changes to my daily call for performers.
in my now desperate plight to get some bleedin performers, I asked Olu, Liz and Synne to help me out.....I put another call out to all of the winch undergrads in drama and perf
I have spent most of the day designing the backside of the postcard...needs to be generic enough that i can use it for all of the shows and as a marketing tool for VEX...and it has to contain all of the vital info too....it is coming along but slow work as I am so new to Photoshop and it seems to take me ages to get anything done...it is very rewarding though...I really feel like I have accomplished something when I sit back and look at my many hours of work...there will be a copy posted in my pics when it is all done....I phoned Kirtsy and we had a chat about the final piece of artwork on the cover and we are both happy...I will send her a copy of the backside when it is done...
I am starting to think that maybe I will not include the moon and house, as this will complicate things with the whole Camden experience...as i can't change the RA at this stage and include them...so I will just keep it to the bare min as I originally though.
I really am concerned that I still do not have any perfs to speak of...students are very slow in answering their e-mails...if at all...I know it is the approaching the end of terms and exams and all that but you would have thought that this would be a great opportunity for any that wish to pursue perf as a career...once they have finished uni, they will realise that finding the time and resources to make auditions and do work for free as you inevitable have to in this business is very difficult when your loan is not filling your belly and paying the rent....they should get as much experience as they can at this stage while they are still relatively free to do so.....ah rant over....but still I am really shocked at the lack of interest and/or apathy that I have so far come across...disappointing....maybe the whole idea of performing on a London stage will draw a few out of the wood work...I bloody hope so.
Well I am going to get back on with designing my postcard backside...need it done soon as so that I can get them ordered..they can take a while to come in the post....

No comments: